About Me:

Currently I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My goal is to graduate with a degree in Secondary English Education with a minor in Spanish. After that I plan an pursuing my Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language. I feel like all citizens have the right to prosper in our nation and part of that may require familiarity with the English language. It is my goal to help people learn the language and prosper.

Why Teaching?

My ultimate goal is to be an English as a Second Language teacher. I want to be able to help immigrants who are searching for a way to make their lives better. No matter what background someone may have or where they came from I feel like there is still a place for them to belong in America. It is my goal to be able to help them transition easily. I firmly believe this nation was built on giving people a chance to better themselves no matter what or where their background may have come from. Many times immigrants are looked down upon by people born in the US for not speaking English. Although I believe this is a ridiculous reason to ridicule someone, I hope that through my career someone might be able to say the transition into this new country was easier because I helped them learn to speak the language.