About Me:

Currently I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My goal is to graduate with a degree in Secondary English Education with a minor in Spanish. After that I plan an pursuing my Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language. I feel like all citizens have the right to prosper in our nation and part of that may require familiarity with the English language. It is my goal to help people learn the language and prosper.

Hopes for a Better Classroom Experience

I wouldn't say my ultimate goal is to be in a classroom for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind teaching in a high school for a while, but my ultimate goal is to end up at a university or a non-profit that was created to help immigrants and refugees transition into the life in the US. For a time though I would like to be apart of the secondary education system. While I am there I hope to make a difference as far as how typical classrooms are taught. Languages of any kind are my favorite subject to discuss. From English to Spanish or even Greek and Swahili, every person has a unique language they speak and there will always be someone who could benefit from their conversation skills.

In America there is a huge population of Hispanic citizens. Many of whom populate our classrooms. One of my goals as a teacher in the secondary education system is to utilize this to benefit all students. I would like to see a classroom where the ESL students and natural citizens are in the same classroom for the purpose of assisting each other. Hispanic students can help the natural born students learn Spanish and the natural born students can help the Hispanic students learn English. I feel like there are many instances such as this where students have grown up with knowledge that can benefit others in the classroom and it is not always utilized. My goal is to try and find a way to make this change.